North Broadway United Methodist Church looking for an organist/accompanist who wishes to work with an inclusive staff and congregation to provide music for both traditional and non-traditional church services.
The salary is commensurate with experience and ability.
- Report to the Director of Music
- Organist for Sunday service at 10:30am; accompanist for Chancel choir
- Pianist for Sunday service at 9:00 am
- Accompany Chancel Choir at weekly rehearsals (Thursday evenings)
- Provide organ music and choir accompaniments for special services, concerts, extra
rehearsals, at the discretion of the Director of Music.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent organist skills; command of the instrument and knowledge of repertoire; skillful
registrations, dexterity, and accuracy; service-playing experience preferred
- Excellent accompanying skills; sight-reading and open score reading, ability to interpret
varied musical styles
- Degree in music preferred but not required
You can find information about the organ at North Broadway at the Pipe Organ Database: https://pipeorgandatabase.org/organ/45915