Boy Scout Agreements

For information around the changes in Scouting Ministry in the UMC and other resources, please click here to be directed to the United Methodist Men's Scouting information page.

Those churches who remain in relationship with the Boy Scouts of America have the option of using an affiliation agreement or a facilities use agreement to govern their relationship with one another.

Affiliation Agreement: the Boy Scout Council is the charter organization, owns the EIN and handles the banking, and the church retains possession of scouting property.

Facilities Use Agreement: the Boy Scout Council is able to use the church property subject to the terms in the facilities use agreement, without any other form of relationship/sponsorship.

The latest information and copies of these agreements and other forms and instructions can be found here:

Every church involved with scouting should review their insurance coverage with their insurer, based upon the agreement that you adopt. Additionally, if you choose to enter into an affiliation agreement with your scout troop(s), please make sure that they abide by your church's safe sanctuary policy requirements.

If you have an agreement with the Boy Scouts of America, include a copy of that agreement as part of the Trustee's Annual Legal and Property report submission.