St Paul Community United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministry. This person will lead a vibrant, inviting program to help disciple children from birth through 6th grade. The primary responsibilities include the selection of curriculum, weekly teaching, facilitaing programs and organizing outreach events. This partime positon reports to the Senior Pastor and works closely with the Youth Director.
- Have a personal relatonship with God through Jesus Christ and be commited to continually growing the relationship deeper.
- Live and support the mission, vision, and ministry of St. Paul Community United Methodist Church.
Characteristcs and Qualificatons:
- Love for ministry and working with children
- Strong character and work ethic
- Good planning and organizatonal skills
- Knowledge of child development as it relates to age appropriate curriculum
Roles and Responsibilites:
- Curriculum preparaton, planning and teaching.
- Communicaton with families and volunteers utlizing church communicaton networks for updates and activities
- Develop, coordinate and lead outreach events in partnership with the Youth Director.
- Ensure that all volunteers are trained in the Safe Sanctuary policies.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Experience in providing children’s ministry in a church
setting is desired. This is a part-tme (15-20 hours/week) position paying $18-$19/hour. Ability to pass FBI/BCI background check.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: Carol Terbrueggen, Chair, Staff Parish Relations Committe at