The SOWER VIM Team builds a house from the foundation up for a family through Henderson Settlement in Southeastern Kentucky. The estimated cost of construction materials for a 24 x 32 foot, 2 bedroom home is expected to be around $50,000.
To build a house requires six weeks of VIM Teams.
- August 9-15: Framing/roof truss/roof deck
- August 16-22: Roofing/siding/interior walls
- September 13-19: Siding/insulation/drywall/spackle
- September 20-26: Finish spackling/paint/exterior trim
- October 11-17: Flooring/paint trim/complete exterior
- October 18-24: Interior doors/trim/kitchen
Those that have served on SOWER work teams comment that, while they have helped a family by serving, they gained much more from the interaction and relationships with the family and fellow team members. West Ohio Conference churches are invited to participate in this rewarding project with your prayers, your volunteer labor, and your financial support.