“…but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will fly up on wings like eagles; they will run and not be tired; they will walk and not be weary.” -Isaiah 40:31
Wings of the Morning is an aviation ministry of The United Methodist Church in North Katanga in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) in central Africa and is under the care and supervision of the General Board of Global Ministries.This ministry is based in Lubumbashi, the second largest city in the DRC. With little or no transportation infrastructure such as paved roads or a railway system, the Wings of the Morning airplane is a lifeline to the 6 million people of the Katanga province, providing vital services, including:
- Carrying life giving pharmaceuticals and supplies to remote villages and towns
- Transporting critically ill patients to clinics and hospitals
- Providing transportation for pastors, missionaries and volunteers
- Delivering payroll and other supplies to villages, towns and churches
- Transporting government leaders for peace negotiations (read more here)
Interested in supporting the Wings of the Morning ministry? Become a Friend of Wings of the Morning!