To start you on the path toward better fitness and weight loss, the Center for Health offers the Virgin Pulse physical activity program. Virgin Pulse is open to all clergy (full or part-time ordained, provisional and licensed) and spouses. All lay employees (and spouses) of the conference, district and local church that are enrolled in the West Ohio health insurance are eligible as well!
HEALTHMILES, BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE WEST OHIO CONFERENCE
Get ready to think outside the gym. The Virgin Pulse program makes getting active not just another to-do, but a fun and integral part of your world. As a participant, you can now join a program where getting active & fit means getting great stuff! And ours isn't your typical stuff, you know. Our stuff is motivation, feedback, gadgets, tracking, challenges, prizes, more energy, feeling better, looking great... and rewards.
HERE'S THE DEAL
- A Max pedometer
- Access to your own personal tracking site
- A fun way to get active with your colleagues
- All included after a $15 enrollment fee
HERE'S WHAT YOU EARN:
- $25 each calendar quarter for reaching your personal HealthMiles target!
- Earn a $50 bonus for reaching 2 of your 3 quarterly targets in 2014!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- Clip on your Max pedometer tracker each morning. Get active throughout the day and watch the steps stack up.
- Plug your Max into your computer to upload your steps.
- Track all your healthy activities on your personalized site!
- Turn your HealthMiles into rewards!
*You must be 18 years of age to join the HealthMiles program.
Ready to get started being a better you? learn more and enroll.
- Contact hmoyers [at] wocumc.org (Rev. Heather Moyers), our West Ohio Virgin Pulse Program Chair.
- Virgin Pulse Member Services is also available by emailing support [at] virginpulse.com or by calling Customer Service at 1-800-830-4312.
Tips and troubleshooting:
- If you are having trouble downloading the Virgin Pulse syncing software, use links listed below for MAC or PC to download software to your computer:
- When on the software download page click “I have a Max” then click “I have a Mac OS X”
- If your MAX pedometer indicates 'low battery' on the first attempt, re-sync the pedometer by unplug and plugging it back into the computer. You will then see a firmware update screen on your MAX pedometer. This low battery warning is a faulty software issue in select devices and can be fixed by the software/firmware update.
- Enrollees can find additional FAQ answers at the Virgin Pulse web page (after logging in) located at https://www.virginhealthmiles.com/secure/Help/Support.aspx
Brought to you by the:
The General Board of Pension and Health Benefits' Center for Health focuses on promoting vitality in mission and ministry by improving five dimensions of health and well-being—physical, emotional, spiritual, social and ;financial—for clergy and lay workers of The United Methodist Church and their families. The Center for Health is unique in that its multi-dimensional health and wellness focus is specific to the UMC target population.