The West Ohio Conference Campus Ministry Task Force serves as the Conference's Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry structure that provides the functions and responsibilities outlined in the 2016 Book of Discipline, ¶634:
“The functions include the evaluation of schools, colleges, universities and campus ministries related to the Annual Conference, with concern for the quality of their performance, the integrity of their mission, and their response to their missional goals of the General Church and Annual Conference.”
It is the intention of the West Ohio Conference that grants awarded to undergraduate campus ministries will be used to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
If you believe your campus ministry could more effectively and fruitfully accomplish the work of reaching and discipling an increasing number of undergraduate college students for Jesus Christ with the assistance of a West Ohio Campus Ministry Grant in 2019, you are invited to complete a grant application.
All undergraduate campus ministry grant applicants are required to:
- Provide a clearly articulated, bold, strategic plan to reach AND disciple undergraduate students.
- Utilize the grant funds for undergraduate campus ministry efforts such as programs, resources, events, staffing, etc. West Ohio Conference campus ministry grant funds may not be used to underwrite alternative mission trips/experiences, general church staffing or church wide programs/events that are not specifically targeted to reach and disciple undergraduate college students.
- Be in formal partnership/connection with at least one West Ohio Conference United Methodist Church that underwrites an amount of at least 10% of the Campus Ministry expenses in cash or in-kind contribution.
- Provide a clearly articulated, detailed strategic plan for diversifying funding sources to grow, maintain and steward the campus ministry financials.
- Submit a regularly scheduled “Benchmark Report” to document fruitfulness of the campus ministry’s bold, strategic plan throughout 2018.
- Attend the Campus Ministry SHIFT leadership training event on Saturday, November 3, 2018. The campus ministry pastor and board member(s) are required to attend. Student leaders and Local United Methodist church partners are also welcome to attend. A 2019 leadership training date wil be announced within the 2019 award letters.
Submitting an Application:
Applications for 2019 (found below) must be postmarked by Friday, June 29, 2018 or received electronically before midnight, and may be mailed or emailed to:
Attn: Ken Overholser
32 Wesley Boulevard
Worthington, Ohio 43085
If you have additional questions, please contact Ken Overholser, Director of Discipleship Resources, at 800-437-0028, or email koverholser [at] wocumc.org or Rev. Peter Borhauer, Chair, Campus Ministry Task Force at pastorpeterborhauer [at] gmail.com.