The 51st session of the West Ohio Conference will undoubtedly be different than any of recent memory. After much research, discernment, and prayer and for the safety of our clergy and members, the Annual Conference Planning Team has decided to host a virtual meeting on Saturday, September 12. Our theme selected 4 years ago, is “Be not afraid. God is with us.” We will begin with Opening Worship and then proceed to conference business.
With this new experience comes opportunities for personal and professional growth. I know this to be true.
Other important information includes:
- ONLINE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. You may register through the conference website: westohioumc.org. Should you need assistance, please contact your district office or Tim McCoy at tmccoy [at] wocumc.org or by phone at: 614-505-7413. Registration opens on July 8 and will close on August 7.
- The Book of Reports will be made available to you online or by USPS. Please be sure to mark your registration with your desired delivery system. We suggest you review it carefully.
- Information Sessions will be held virtually prior to Annual Conference so you have the opportunity to learn more about the recommendations before conference.
- In August, you will receive a voter identification number. You must have this number in order to vote. At this time, you will also receive the link which will take you to the September 12 session.
- Since this is a virtual gathering, training is strongly recommended and will be held on September 9 with one session at 12:00 p.m. and another at 6:00 p.m. Each session will last 90 minutes. We will be utilizing the Zoom Webinar platform. However, for those with slow or no internet capabilities, a phone-in option—which includes voting--is available.
- The conference offering will go toward COVID-19 Response through UMCOR and the West Ohio Conference. The offering will be divided equally. Details to follow.
- Commissioning and Ordination will take place on September 12 at 3:30 p.m. via livestream on the conference website and Facebook Live.
Rest assured that you will continue to receive more information later this summer.
Thank you for your continued flexibility and support as we navigate these unchartered waters. I ask for your prayers for those directly impacted by the coronavirus and with all of us as we continue to minister during such a time as this.
+Bishop Gregory V. Palmer