“Traction Tracks” are specific training/resourcing/coaching/implementation components developed within West Ohio’s Missional Church Consultation Initiative (MCCI), now available in individual short courses for churches of any size and setting.
Does your congregation need to gain a new specific aspect of traction in order to begin moving forward into renewed vitality? Consider which of these next Traction Track offerings might be right for you. *Every Traction Track involves your pastor plus a team from your church. Click on any of these links to find out more, and to register online. New Traction Tracks are launching in 2019.
Breakthrough Prayer Initiative (one-session training)
- Saturday, September 7, 2019, 9:00am-2:00pm - Host Location: First UMC Van Wert (NWP district) Register here.
- Sunday, October 6, 2019, 2:00pm-7:00pm - Host Location: West Ohio Conference (Worthington) Register here
Cost is $75.00 per Team (pastor plus 5 members) $10.00 for any additional members (includes lunch and materials)
Family Ties: Home, Church, and Community (four-session training)
Family Ties teaches churches how to rethink and intentionally change your current approach to reach and disciple new children and families at home, in church and within your local community. Connect anew with the next generation! This four-session Traction Track intentionally focuses on developing leadership skills and teaching best ministry practices while leading churches, pastors, staff and unpaid leaders in the most important and proven strategies in creating a Family-driven/Church-empowering ministry. The team from your church should include Pastor with minimum of 2-3 leaders. Learn more about Family Ties here.
- New sessions begins Saturday, September 14, 2019, and will hosted at the West Ohio Conference Center, 32 Wesley Blvd, Worthington, OH 43085
- Second session - Saturday, October 19th, 2019, West Ohio Conference Center
- Third session - Saturday, November 16, 2019, West Ohio Conference Center
- Fourth session - Saturday, December 14, 2019, West Ohio Conference Center
*Each Session is from 10:00am - 3:00pm
Cost is $50.00 per person ( this includes all four sessions, lunches and materials)
Be Our Guest (two-session training)
How to welcome and integrate newcomers into your church.
This is a two-session Traction Track for Pastors plus 2-3 leaders. Together, teams will learn how to develop a system for welcoming, tracking, follow-up, and connecting newcomers into your church. The course will have specific implementation steps that can be applied to any church, any size, any setting. For more information click here
- Session #1: Thursday, October 10, from 10:00am - 2:00pm, at Rolling Plains UMC, 3350 Moxahala Park Rd, Zanesville, OH 43701
- Session #2: Wednesday, November 6, from 10:00am - 2:00pm, at the West Ohio Conference Center, 32 Wesley Blvd, Worthington, OH 43085
Cost is $30.00 per person (covers lunches and materials)
* Registration is limited to 8 churches
Doing the Math of Mission (one-session training)
— and invite your church leaders to participate in a game-changing new Traction Track based on Gil Rendle’s best-selling book with this same title. Pastors, CEU units will be available for this Traction Track!Do you struggle to know whether or not your church’s ministry is really making a diﬀerence? Are you tired of tracking numbers you’re not even sure are measuring the right things? In our rapidly changing environment, we can’t simply do what we’ve always done—and need to focus our resources in ways that we are sure make a diﬀerence. This Traction Track will bring you practical new skills and perspectives on how to customize to measure your church’s impact of your church cares the most about—beyond only the usual stats you enter on your “end of year” conference reports.Training will be provided via live video satellite by Texas Methodist Foundation’s Lisa Greenwood, Director of Leadership Development, and (retired) Bishop Janice Huie—both experienced and outstanding trainers in this material. The team from your church should include Pastor with minimum of 2-3 leaders.
Will be rescheduled for early 2020