West Ohio work teams plan to return to Henderson Settlement in Frakes, KY, in the spring and summer of 2021. The SOWER Home Build Program allows teams to construct an entire house from the foundation up over the course of six weeks. Cost is $250 per volunteer, which covers room and board for one week. Funds and pledges are also needed to cover the cost of materials.
The build schedule is below:
- May 2-8: Framing/roof truss/roof deck
- May 9-15: Roofing/siding/interior walls
- July 11-17: Siding/insulation/drywall/spackle
- July 18-24: Finish spackling/paint/exterior trim
- August 15-21: Flooring/paint trim/complete exterior
- August 22-28: Interior doors/trim/kitchen
For questions, contact Jerry Lambdin at 606-337-3613, ext. 315 or workcamp [at] hsumc.org.
Click here for more information and to download registration forms.