“Good Works exists to connect people from all walks of life with people in poverty so that the kingdom of God can be experienced.”
In the midst of coronavirus, many of the ministries provided through Good Works have slowed down or been placed on “pause.” And yet, they continue to operate Timothy House, which provides shelter to people experiencing homelessness in 9 southeast Ohio counties. They work hard to provide a clean, safe, temporary home for adults and children of all ages, implementing new COVID-19 guidelines. Because they cannot isolate people who are sick, they are in conversation with the Health Department regarding plans on where people who are experiencing homelessness and who are sick or have COVID-19 could stay. Good Works is also monitoring services provided through the school system and are ready to offer free lunch every day if that is needed. As Good Works continues to provide outreach to their neighbors, you can help.
- Pray — Keith Wasserman, Founder and Executive Director, has invited us to pray for the mental, emotional and physical safety of the staff. Even with precautions, staff may be placing themselves at some risk on a daily basis out of a sense of call. Your commitment to pray will help the staff and residents know that they are not alone.
- Donate – Provide urgent supplies to keep Timothy House clean and safe
- Pine-sol (all-purpose cleaner)
- Size Large Food Prep Gloves
- Clorox Wipes
- Cleaning Spray
- Liquid Hand Soap
- 13 and 30 gallon trash bags
- All-purpose floor cleaner (LySol)
- Plastic mattress covers (twin)
- Give – Support Good Works financially. From the beginning, Good Works has been extending Christian care and hospitality. Today, providing that love and care is even more critical. Consider giving a financial contribution.
- Want to learn more? Call Keith Wasserman at 740-541-0816 or call their offices at 740-594-3339.
- If you are familiar with Good Works and want to encourage the community, send them a note to PO Box 4, Athens, Ohio 45701 or to email [at] good-works.net.