Bishop Gregory V. Palmer and Director Annette Chambers-Smith from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction are scheduled to welcome over 350 UM members, Ohio state agency staff and leaders, local reentry professionals, community service partners, restored citizens and people of various faiths to the virtual Building Bridges Community Experience on October 1-2. The Community Experience offers two days of creating community for and with people who are touching the criminal justice system.
In addition to hearing from Bishop Palmer and Director Chambers-Smith, UM members can expect to connect and collaborate with local:
- Mental Health, recovery, and basic healthcare service providers
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Offices of Reentry and Religious Services staff
- Metro, midsize and rural reentry coalition leaders
- Transportation, housing, basic needs and employment community leaders
- Restored citizens and their families who are experts in reentry experiences
The Building Bridges Community Experience offers the opportunity for local UM ministries to transform into Missions Stations for and with local community members. You’re invited to make your love for your neighbors known as we do justice through this free online event. Come and create community within a reentry continuum of care.