The Missional Church Development Lead Team is currently accepting applications for Revitalization / Capacity-Building Grants. Grants will be awarded to churches with projects or initiatives that are in line with the mission of the West Ohio Conference:
To equip local churches to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world… A world of justice, love, and peace filled with people growing in the likeness of Jesus Christ.
Examples of qualifying projects or initiatives include:
- Coaching or team development for church revitalization
- Equipment, resources, or marketing to build capacity for continued fruitfulness
- Missionally purposed enhancements that will help reach more people for Christ
- New ministries for new people
- One-year financial support for new staff other than appointed clergy
The MCD Lead Team encourages each project or initiative to have a lead team inclusive of laity, staff, and clergy working together.
Required information for the grant application includes:
- Project specifics
- Church and community location and demographics
- Congregation finance information
- Signatures from the pastor, church board chair, and the district superintendent.
The application deadline is August 6, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Allyssa Graves, 614-505-7405, or agraves [at] wocumc.org.