The time is always right to make sure we safeguard the church and its ministries. This year's Legal Forum, hosted by Ohio Northern University Law School, will tackle some emerging challenges and include topics that are always timely.
The forum will be presented in a hybrid format via Zoom and in person from the Law School auditorium. Registration is required whether attending the event in person or participating via Zoom. Lunch will be included for those attending in person. Registration ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, October 8, 2021.
- Boy Scout bankruptcy update, including risk management recommendations
- Building use agreements with outside and community groups
- ONU nonprofit clinic update
- Tax and legal considerations of generating non-offering plate income streams
- Safe sanctuaries
- Insurance panel: Brotherhood Mutual, Church Mutual, United Methodist Insurance
Location: Ohio Northern University Law School 525 S. Main St., Ada, OH 45810
Event Date & Time: October 22, 2021; 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Cost: The event is free whether participating virtually or in person.
Note: ONU has a mask mandate so all in person attendees will be required to wear a mask.