Holy Currencies Culture (HCC) works to create safe and healthy environments for inclusive missions. The HCC process is a 10 month West Ohio Conference sponsored, Coach-led experience that empowers church leaders with skills and knowledge to serve their communities more inclusively, thereby making both churches and their related communities more sustainable.
The steps to grow Holy Currencies Culture in your Church and Community:
- Submit an application- This process will assess buy in from your Pastor, Church Council, and District Superintendent. The application is in the links at the bottom of the page.
- Recruit a Holy Currencies Culture church lead team- A commitment of 3–6 members of the congregation is needed to be eligible.
- Attend four regional trainings- You are not alone! Your team will be supported by a class of district churches also journeying to become more culturally sensitive, missional and sustainable.
- Participate in monthly guided sessions with the HCC coach- Your assigned coach will check in with your team to stoke creativity and support implementation.
- Work to create a missional and sustainable ministry in your community- Your assigned coach will help you discover the benefits of transitioning from being an internally focused church into creating missional ways to live church in partnership with your surrounding community.
The cost of Holy Currencies Culture involves:
Coaches are responsible for their own transport and lodging for two regional training events. Training materials and other resources will be provided by the West Ohio Conference.
2016-17 applications and forms can be found below. Churches will be informed of acceptance by July 15, 2016.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, contact htay [at] wocumc.org (Harris Tay), Director of Diversity Initiatives at 614-844-6200.