In 1947 Edith Gardner made gifts, including land, to the predecessor of the Conference for providing retired clergy with housing. On the gifted land, the Conference constructed apartments and made them available to clergy on a subsidized basis. The 13-unit apartment complex was in Washington Court House, Ohio, and was referred to as Gardner Village. Subsequent Annual Conference action and actions of the Conference Board of Trustees determined that Gardner Village should be sold, and the proceeds invested in the Gardner Village Fund. Income from the fund is used to honor the donor’s original intent of helping retired clergy with housing-related needs.
To apply for housing assistance through the Gardner Fund, please complete this form and send with it any supporting documents to the Conference Benefits Office.