Sponsored by the WOC Creation Care Task Force and the Miami Valley District Building Committee, the Workshop is focused on Greater Dayton area “houses of worship”, but is open to participants from throughout the Conference. The program will provide practical information on how to make your church more energy efficient and save on utility bills. It is equally applicable to Boards of Trustees as to members of Church and Society. During the workshop participants will:
- LEARN how to determine, track and reduce energy use,
- FIND out how to qualify for free or low-cost energy audits
- DISCOVER low-cost loans and grants for purchasing energy efficient equipment
- IMPROVE skills to manage building energy efficiency
- HEAR what other churches in the area have already done
Participating presenters will include Ohio Interfaith Power and Light; Dayton Regional Green 3; DP&L; Vectren; Energy Optimizers, USA; and US Green Building Council.