In September, 2015, more than 900 laity and clergy participated in a Circles of Grace conversation focused on human sexuality in The United Methodist Church. The feedback indicated a desire to continue the dialogue and explore how the Bible can inform our conversations. For a summary of the September Circles of Grace conversations, click here.
Circles of Grace Part 2: Exploring Scripture will be an opportunity to participate in small group conversation with our sisters and brothers in Christ and to hear a dialogue from two of our own elders as they explore scripture together. The two presenters for this evening are:
Rev. Colleen Ogle, Associate Pastor at King Avenue United Methodist Church, Columbus.
The Circles of Grace taskforce has three primary purposes for this Exploring Scripture event.
- To provide the opportunity to hear compassionate conversation from different perspectives on the Bible and human sexuality.
- To recognize that Christians can disagree yet still engage in grace-filled dialogue.
- To practice the means of Grace through Christian conferencing.
Ginghamsburg Church in Tipp City is one of the locations and will also simulcast the event to the additional locations across the conference. You may attend at Ginghamsburg or any of the following simulcast locations.
- Grace United Methodist Church, 104 South HIgh Street, Waverly, Ohio 45690 (Shawnee Valley)
- Anderson Hills United Methodist Church, 7515 Forest Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45255 (Ohio River Valley)
- The Plains United Methodist Church, 3 North Plains Road, The Plains, Ohio 45780 (Foothills)
- Bexley United Methodist Church, 2657 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43209 (Capitol Area North and South)
- Shawnee United Methodist Church, 2600 Zurmehly Road, Lima, Ohio 45806 (Northwest Plains)
- Wesley United Methodist Church, 903 Center Street, Bryan, Ohio 43506 (Northwest Plains)
- Maumee United Methodist Church, 405 Sackett Street, Maumee, Ohio 43537 (Maumee Watershed)
Please register for one of these 8 sites by either clicking on the registration link below. If you have any difficulty registering, please contact your District Office.