Dear West Ohio Clergy,
We pray that you are well in this ever changing season. Thank you for your adaptability as we prepare for the upcoming Clergy Session and the 51st Session of the West Ohio Annual Conference. For the first time, we will be hosting a Virtual Clergy Session on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Our theme for this year is Resilience.
We have been working in cooperation with the United Methodist connection nationwide along with our own Episcopal Office, Communications Department, IT and Office of Ministry to provide a fair and accessible approach to the Clergy Session. Due to some of the restrictions still in place with COVID-19 and in adherence to the State of Ohio safety protocols, we have developed an online format that will care for the Business of the Annual Conference in the best way possible given our current circumstances. We understand that we will miss being in community and some may not yet feel comfortable using technology, but we will work hard to equip you with what you need to succeed with this format. As we have heard many times, we are all in this together. Our own, Dr. Brian Law, Chairperson of the Board of Ordained Ministry will provide our Homily and along with Bishop Palmer will guide us through the Business of the Annual Conference for the Clergy Session.
Registration will be open from June 24 – July 24, 2020. You must pre-register to attend. Registration will require a two-step process. Once you register, you will receive a link that will require you to enter your password specific to connect to the Zoom Webinar that will be used for Clergy Session. Please follow the details below to help you prepare.
• You will need your own device (tablet or computer) to participate in the Clergy Session.
• Each person will need his or her own device. Married couples can not share devices because each device will be attached to your voting account.
• It is recommended that you hard-wire (plug into the Internet Service) where possible.
• If you are in an area with limited internet, please find a location where you can go for the duration of the Clergy Session and be fully connected. We will not have sites reserved for the Clergy Session.
• We will provide detailed instructions on the link that you receive after registration and will be available to assist those who may experience some challenges with getting set up.
• The thought of using technology may create some apprehension but we have secured a professional company to work with us to ensure that everything runs as smooth as possible.
• Find attached, a detailed listing of eligibility for voice and vote during the Clergy Session.
For questions, please feel free to reach out to the Office of Ministry where it is our pleasure to serve you.
May you know the continuous favor of the Lord and peace of the Holy Spirit during this season and always.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Donnetta Peaks
Director, Office of Ministry
Below is the link to be excused from 2020 Clergy Session: