Invitation to Respond
Survivors often experience chaos, fear, grief and anxiety in the aftermath of natural disasters. These emotions can be overwhelming and paralyzing. Our prayers have the power to activate healing and courage in the face of great unknowns.
GIVE TO UMCOR
Partner with UMCOR with your financial gifts. 100% of each gift will support survivors recovering from disasters. Recovery will take many years which will require significant resources to assist affected people in their recovery.
United States Disaster Response: Advance #901670 (includes Puerto Rico)
International Disaster Response Advance #982450
- Give through your local congregation
- Donate on line for international disaster response
- Donate on line for US disaster response
Early Response Team training
ERT teams of the United Methodist Church assist in the aftermath of natural disasters. They use their gifts and skills to provide not only disaster response and clean up, but also emotional and spiritual support as an outgrowth of our discipleship.
VIM Team Leader Training
The next VIM Team Leader training will be on:
- February 17, 2018 at Marion Epworth United Methodist Church
- March 3, 2018 at Brecon United Methodist Church
Register here. If you have questions or encounter problems registering for any of these classes, please contact Kris Shoaf at kshoaf [at] wocumc.org
STAY CONNECTED WITH UMCOR
- If you are on facebook, like "UMCOR - United Methodist Committee on Relief"
- Keep up to date on how UMCOR is responding to disasters around the world by going to their webpage.