Linworth United Methodist Church in Columbus, Ohio is seeking a part-time Office Coordinator. This 25 hour per week position reports to the Associate Pastor.
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher programs and must be able to navigate and update church database systems as needed.
Additional details are as follows:
1. Reports to Associate Pastor, but work closely with all Pastors as they are responsible for all phases of the work of the local church.
2. Answers the church office telephone, routes calls to the appropriate staff members or relays prompt messages to the appropriate staff members.
3. Serves as receptionist for members, visitors, suppliers, etc., who come to the church office during normal office hours.
4. Checks voice mail, e-mail, and mailbox as needed.
5. Prepares minutes for weekly staff meetings.
6. Requests funds for postage meter as needed and sets postage meter daily.
7. Orders office supplies as needed.
8. Prepares outgoing mail, sorts and distributes incoming mail to appropriate persons.
9. Maintains daily kiosk schedule.
10. Store and secure administrative records.
11. Works with business manager to facilitate ongoing support for computers, copiers, HVAC, coffee services and phones for LCC and LUMC including scheduling necessary service calls.
12. Other duties may be assigned as the mission and ministry of the church dictate.
Director of Operations Support
13. Compiles and prints the information for the weekly worship bulletins; mails copies of weekly worship bulletins to shut-ins; copies large print worship bulletins for each worship service; creates special worship bulletins as needed; designs and orders bulletin stock as needed; and posts extra copies of the worship folders in the kiosk.
14. Manages requests for assistance from the Johanson Fund: keeps track of people assisted, getting requests approved, and distributing funds.
15. Assist with visitor tracking as needed.
16. Prepares bulk mailings as needed.
17. Maintain the church calendar and schedule functions and meetings in church space. Handles all request to use space in LUMC building.
18. Maintain accurate membership contact information in appropriate databases and with American Church Inc. for giving envelope distribution.
19. Emails prayer requests to prayer team, pastors, staff members, and place appropriate requests on prayer list in the bulletin.
20. Gives complete oversight to the office volunteer ministry.
21. Coordinates and handles all arrangements with Pastor for funerals, memorials, interments and weddings in the church building.
22. Coordinate paperwork for the Columbarium. Records all documentation of all purchased and available niches for the Columbarium. Communicates with member’s proof details for engraving and works with columbarium committee to have engraving completed.
23. Facilitate and contribute to member care and social concerns as able.
Business Manager & HR Administrator Support
24. Monitor and adjust HVAC system for heating and cooling of all rooms in building as needed.
25. Stamped received checks, prepare check requests, scan check requests to Provisum and file billing documentation.
1. This part-time position provides administrative support to the Pastors and the church.
2. The Office Coordinator must maintain confidentiality, must work in a team environment, and must complete tasks with minimal supervision.
1. Assist with Annual Church or Charge Conference reporting as requested.
2. Assist with donation and pledge data entry, giving statements mailing and distribution.
LUMC Work Culture
• Office setting with core hours of 8:30 -4:30. (Working hours within office hours will be negotiated upon hire).
• Work/life balance is valued and encouraged.
• Continued learning and spiritual growth is expected.
• Linworth UMC is a Reconciling Congregation.
To see our statement of inclusion, visit our website at www.linworthumc.org/about-lumc
To Apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Rev. Anna Guillozet, Senior Pastor, at pastoranna [at] linworthumc.org.
Deadline for application is Friday, April 9th.