Position Description: Minister in Residence at Jacob's Porch
Date for Position: August 1st 2022- July 15th, 2023 (with option for longer) Location: 45 E 13th Ave. Columbus, OH 43201 (by The Ohio State University)
• Free Housing, Single Room Occupancy
• Includes free utilities, wifi
• Full Kitchen
• The hours are flexible and there are times off during Christmas and Spring breaks according to the Academic Calendar.
The minister in residence position is an immersive opportunity to be a leader in a
college ministry setting. Each year we hire 2 Minister’s in Residence. You may interview with a friend who is also interested in the position. Jacob’s Porch is an affirming religious community born out of the Lutheran tradition, but inclusive of many Christian faith traditions and practices. This community values spiritual formation through the building of deeply humble, inquisitive and intentional rela- tionships with others and God. As part of a larger staff team, the ministers in resi- dence are at the heart of this work by providing hospitality, mentorship, and community building.
-The position is Part- time (Approximately 12-15 hours a week)
• 8-10 hours of relational program/meeting time including Sunday evening worship gatherings and meals, one on one conversations with college students, participating in outreach events on campus and various pro- grams in our building throughout the semester.
• 4-6 hours cleaning, straightening and hospitality service for visitors
• 2-3 weekend retreats per year (paid for)
• Most residents choose to work another part time job in addition to being a Ministry Resident.
-The minister in residence will work closely with the Pastor and Pastoral as- sociate in meeting the needs of the students in our community. The Pastor will be the primary advisor over the position.
-Ideally someone who has recently graduated from college
-Has a desire for ongoing spiritual formation and for building a healthy community of young adults.
Click here for more information. Feel free to ask additional questions about the position or apply by emailing office [at] jacobsporch.com. You will then be contacted for an interview.