SUPPLIES: table covered with white roll paper, markers, chairs, laptop with ADHD slideshow and charger, additional speakers, math worksheets, story worksheets, pens and pencils, clipboards
HOW TO HOST THIS STATION
1. Greet new participants and invite them to sit or stand where they can see and hear the slideshow. Hand out both a math and story worksheet as well as a writing utensil to each person as they arrive. Instruct them to not look at the worksheets yet. They will use them during the slideshow, which is interactive.
2. When a large group has arrived introduce the topic with, “Good morning. This station will be helping you understand Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. We will click through at the group’s pace, so please let me know if you need more time on a slide or if you would like for me to read out loud what is on the slide. Are we ready?”
3.Begin the slideshow and click through at the pace of the group. HINT: If you read through each slide, each time, you will have a good estimate of when others will be completing the reading. The slideshow sheet will have specific details for what to do and how to engage the participants.
4. Encourage participants to write responses to questions on the last two slides on the white roll paper on the table.
5. Take time to answer questions (if you feel comfortable) and hear what the participants are processing out loud. Some of your learners will be external processors and need someone to speak to about what they experienced where others will be internal processors and simply listen to what is being said or write more fully on the white roll paper. Respect both forms of processing.
6. Thank the participants for their focus and encourage them to find another station. Help them know what stations are available and how to get to them.