(From left, Mentors Rev. John (Rocky) Riddle and Rev. Wade Giffin, Trinity United Methodist Church and 2018 Intern, Savannah Hinde, with Mentor, Rev. David Hoffman of Marion Epworth United Methodist Church.)
Our Next Generation Leadership Ministry Intern program is sponsored by the West Ohio Conference for undergraduate students interested in exploring a call to United Methodist ordained ministry. The 10-week paid summer internship allows selected mentors and host churches to play a critical role in the experience of each assigned intern discerning a call to ordained ministry. Each mentor and host church will develop a relationship with the assigned intern that will help the intern cultivate leadership skills for effective ministry in a local church.
An overview of the internship includes:
- Orientation and mentor introduction
- 280 hours of work experience in the host church and 120 hours of experiential opportunities for ministry exploration
- Participation in the West Ohio Annual Conference Session in June
- Mission and justice educational experience
- Seminary tour to United Methodist Accredited Seminaries
- Program debriefing
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate coursework, continuing in the fall of the same year as the internship
- Exploring a call to ordained ministry in the United Methodist Church
- Member of a West Ohio United Methodist church
- Willing to be challenged in areas of leadership, spiritual disciplines, self-awareness, understanding of ordained ministry
- Desire to represent Christ in daily life and experienced in Christian leadership
- Authorize a personal background check
- Applications are due March 6.
- Interviews for student applicants will be held the week of March 11-15. Interview times will be scheduled via phone call.
- Orientation for accepted interns and mentors will be held in May.
- All applications should be completed, scanned, and emailed in one email on or before the deadline.
College undergraduate students and churches interested in hosting an intern
Rev.Donnetta Peaks, Director of Clergy Recruitment, Candidacy and Licensing, West Ohio Conference
614.844.6200, ext 314
dpeaks [at] wocumc.org
2018 West Ohio Conference Interns
2017 West Ohio Conference Interns