Stewardship 101 for the Smaller Church
West Ohio Conference of The United Methodist Church
Saturday, September 19, 2015
(Check-in begins at 9:30am) Event: 10:00am–1:30pm
Richland United Methodist Church
60 Pomeroy Road, Athens, Ohio 45701
$5.00 per person (includes lunch, refreshments and resources)
Who Should Attend
Pastors, Finance Committee Members, Stewardship Team Leaders, Church Leaders
The smaller church has unique cultural issues to address to grow generosity. The following topics will be addressed, customized to their unique historical practices.
• Biblical foundation for giving to God
• Understanding generosity as a lifestyle
• Holistic approach to stewardship
• Modified local church year-round strategy to grow generous givers
• What is the role of the pastor?
• What is the role of the finance committee?
• Best financial practices
• Address: “But we’ve always had the money when we need it!”
• Why or why not use CD’s (Certificates of Deposit) as stewards?
For more information contact Council on Development at 614-844-6200
Rev. George Cooper - email@example.com
Mr. Dave Boling - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Joy Perry - email@example.com
Sponsored by the Council on Development
or go to www.westohioumc.org
and click on Register for Events
60 POMEROY RD
ATHENS, OH 45701-9475
|Stewardship 101: Growing Generous Givers in the Smaller Church||$ 5.00|