The featured speaker is Rev. Karl Vaters, the author of the book “Small Church Essentials” and "The Grasshopper Myth: Big Churches, Small Churches, and the Small Thinking that Divides Us" and "100 Days to a Healthier Church" to be released March 3, 2020. You can read more about Karl on his blog: http://newsmallchurch.com/
Karl’s heart is to help pastors of small churches (up to 90% of churches) find the resources to pastor their current church well, and to capitalize on the unique advantages that come with pastoring a small church–something virtually every pastor will spend at least some of their ministry years doing.
He also believes that big and small churches can and should work together more often – to the benefit of each. Karl has been in pastoral ministry for over 30 years.
He is the teaching pastor of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship, a healthy small church in Orange County, California, where he has ministered for over 25 years.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• Redefining Success in Ministry (Friday Evening)
• Thinking Like a Great Small Church
• A New Way to Look at Vision-Casting
• Becoming a Healthy Church, No Matter Your Size
• Finding and Mentoring Volunteers in Today’s Small Church
• Be affirmed in the value of their church and their ministry–no matter what size it is
• Have a better understanding of how healthy small churches function
• Be better equipped to understand your church’s unique gifts, personality and calling
• Have tools to help church leaders assess your church’s current weaknesses and leverage your strengths for greater effectiveness
SMALL CHURCH ESSENTIALS CONFERENCE IS FUNDED BY:
The Capitol Area North District of the United Methodist Church
TARRP (United Methodist Town and Rural Resource Program)
United Methodist Rural Life Sunday Funds, and the West Ohio United Methodist Rural Advocates
The cost is $25/person for both days, with a maximum cost of $50/church, no matter how many people attend. The training will run from 7:00 – 9:00 pm on Friday and 9:00 am – 3:00 pm on Saturday. Each reservation (individual or group) will receive a copy of his book "Small Church Essentials." Rev. Karen Montgomery is the contact for questions around this event, email@example.com, 513-255-2232.
ACCOMMODATIONS IN MARYSVILLE, OH:
HAMPTON INN, 16610 Square Drive, Marysville, OH 43040:
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES, 411 Allenby Drive, Marysville, OH 43040, Marysville, OH
COMFORT SUITES, 1081 Lydia Drive, Marysville, OH 43040
SUPER 8 BY WYNDHAM, 16510 Square Drive, Marysville, OH 43040
Marysville, OH 43040-43220
|Registration, Class Materials, Lunch and Snacks for ONE registration||$ 25.00|
|One payment for multiple people from the same congregation||$ 50.00|
|My church has already made a $50 payment for all of us||$ 0.00|