Special Announcements Regarding the Business of the Annual Conference
- Saturday, September 12, the Annual Conference Session will convene. We will begin at 9:00 am with Opening Worship and will proceed to conference business. The Business Session will end at approximately 1:30 pm. Please review the FAQs posted to the right of this message.
Note: Registration for annual conference ended at 11:00 pm on August 12.
- Information Sessions for Recommendations 1, 2 & 3. Leaders for each recommendation will host informational sessions via Zoom Video Conferencing during August and September. The sessions are for Clergy & Lay Members to annual conference and registration is required. For more information and to register visit the conference website: www.westohioumc.org/ac/informational-sessions-registration. Note: You DO NOT need to login to our system to register, however you will need an email address.
Virtual Annual Conference Giving
Bishop Palmer invites congregations and individuals to support an offering for the COVID-19 Relief Funds. In Galatians, Paul reminds us to carry each other’s burdens. Your gifts and your prayers will lighten the burdens of your neighbors, both near and far away. Your generous gift will be divided equally to support the following ministries:
- UMCOR COVID-19 Fund—Funds are used to equip partners assisting vulnerable populations in the United States and around the world impacted by COVID-19. Grants will address pressing needs in the areas of health, food insecurity, water, sanitation and hygiene, and economic instability
- West Ohio COVID-19 Fund—Congregations and ministries across West Ohio have been responding to emergent and continuing needs of their neighbors. Record numbers of people have requested food assistance along with other emergent needs. There is a disproportionate impact on people and communities of color and among those who are poor. Funds staying within West Ohio will be released to our congregations and ministries to assist with their ongoing response.
To donate click here. If you have any questions about the Annual Conference offering, please contact Dee Stickley-Miner at dstickley [at] wocumc.org
Unable to Attend Annual Conference?
- Clergy Members: If you are a Clergy member and unable to attend, you must seek permission from the Annual Conference Secretary, Rev. Amy Haines to be excused. You can make your request online by clicking here.
- Lay Members: If you are unable to fulfill their role as Lay Member to Annual Conference representing a local church, you should contact your pastor. Lay Members At Large should contact their district office. For district contact information click here.