Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Updates
- Many of you are making plans to say good bye to your pastor and to welcome a new pastor. Please make sure your new pastor is covered under workers’ compensation. For the clergy leaving your church, a U-117 form needs completed to remove the clergy person from being listed under your church. To get the new clergy listed under your policy, a U-3s form needs to be filled out. Both forms can be completed on-line at www.ohiobwc.com if you have an on-line account. You can also print and complete the forms then mail them to address listed on the form.
- Reminder: each church with a workers’ compensation policy will be receiving a “true-up” form sometime in the month of May. This form MUST be completed by every church, regardless of your payroll. In July, you will receive a bill that covers July 1, 2017 thru June 30, 2018.
- As always, our Third-Party Administrator, Comp Management (800-825-6755), is available to assist with questions or concerns about workers’ compensation.
Worker's Comp Quick Reference Guide if your church has a pastoral change.
There are 2 ways to take care of cleaning up those showing under elective coverage.
- Fill out the form attached to your letter with the best cancelation date you can find
- Fill out attached worksheet to cancel coverage for those who need to be canceled
- Fill out a U-117 form to cancel all who should not be on the policy.
- Submit an application for elective coverage (U-3S) to add the pastor/pastors that need to be added
- Set up an on-line password at www.ohiobwc.com and cancel all who should not be covered.
- In order to set up an on-line account, you must have your policy number and your ein number.
- Once you get your sign-on, go to www.ohiobwc.com and sign on
- Click on employers
- Looking under policy information, click on Demographic information
- Enter your policy number and click next
- Clck the Elective Coverage link at the bottom of the page.
- Cancel all you need to cancel
- Add the pastor/pastors you need to add
- Look under the forms tab for U-117
- U-117 must also be completed to make sure all the pastors are taken off of your policy
- You will receive a confirmation from Ohio BWC after all the changes are made.
Any time a pastor moves, you need to cancel them off your elective coverage, fill out the U-117 Form and add the new pastor with the U-3 Form.
OSHAA poster to be displayed in every location
Information on new law, effective July 1, 2017 involving car accidents on company time