A licensed local pastor has answered the call from God to serve the mission of Jesus Christ through the work of the local congregation in The United Methodist Church. Though not ordained, the licensed local pastor performs all the duties of a pastor, including proclamation of the Word; leading worship; administering the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion; the services of marriage; burial; confirmation; and membership reception, within and while appointed to a particular charge or extension ministry.
Local Pastors' Licensing School is designed to provide students with an intensive learning experience, which includes both intentional spiritual formation and practical information.
LPLS 2017 will be held July 16-22nd at Maria Stein Retreat Center located at 2365 St. John’s Road, Maria Stein, Ohio 45860. Registration will open Spring 2017.
Please note for those who have completed 1/3 of their seminary training – you will only be required to attend Sunday-Tuesday, however, you are welcome to attend the entire week.
The Licensing School Assignments/Reading must be completed by the start of school on July 16th.
You are eligible to register and attend Licensing School if you meet the following pre-requisites:
- Certified Candidate for Ministry (if not yet certified, but expect to be so soon, contact your DS).
- Your District Superintendent agrees that you should attend this school.
- The chair of your district committee is aware you are registering (if not, please communicate with him/her first).
Here are some basic instructions for registering:
- If you have not already, login to our website or create a username and password. You have to be logged into the website in order to go any further.
- Once logged in successfully, click on Register for Events, also found on the home page of the website or in the menu at the very top of every page.
*You will be required to pay with a credit card
- Questions? Contact the West Ohio Conference office @ 1-800-437-0028
If you have problems with login, please ask for Communications
if you have questions about the event, please ask for Susan Thomas
Assignments: Will be made available when registration begins! There are three assignment documents. Please be sure you download the correct ones. One of them is for students who are attending for the full week. A second one is for those students who qualify for the 3-day school. The third one is for all students for the worship module of the school.
Select the correct assignment sheet below and download it.
Donate to Support this Program: