Next Generations Leadership Ministry Internship Program
Our Next Generations Leadership Ministry Intern program is sponsored by the West Ohio Conference for undergraduate students interested in exploring a call to United Methodist ordained ministry. The 12-week paid summer internship allows selected mentors and host churches to play a critical role in the experience of each assigned intern discerning a call to ordained ministry. Each mentor and host church will develop a relationship with the assigned intern that will help the intern cultivate leadership skills for effective ministry in a local church.
An overview of the internship includes:
- Orientation and mentor introduction
- 400 hours of work experience in the host church
- Participation in the West Ohio Annual Conference Session in June
- Mission and justice educational experience
- Seminary tour to United Methodist Accredited Seminaries
- Program debriefing
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate coursework, continuing in the fall of the same year as the internship
- Exploring a call to ordained ministry in the United Methodist Church
- Member of a West Ohio United Methodist church
- Willing to be challenged in areas of leadership, spiritual disciplines, self-awareness, understanding of ordained ministry
- Desire to represent Christ in daily life and experienced in Christian leadership
- Authorize a personal background check
- Applications are due March 15.
- Interviews for student applicants will be held on April 1. Interview times will be scheduled via phone call.
- Orientation for accepted interns and mentors will be held on April 23.
- To type directly into the application, you will have to save it to your computer and open using Acrobat Reader—rather than opening in your web browser. This is done by clicking the download icon in the top right of the page with the document open, and then finding the document and opening it again. The document then will be completely fillable.
- If a mentor church does not meet all qualifications listed on the the application but has a plan in motion to be able to do so, please contact Rev. Kathy Brown (kbrown [at] wocumc.org). You may still be eligible to apply.
College undergraduate students and churches interested in hosting an intern
Rev. Kathy Brown, Director of the Office of Ministry, West Ohio Conference
kbrown [at] wocumc.org
Donate to support this program: