Local Pastors may perform proclamation of the Word, lead worship and liturgy, administer the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion, as well as the services of marriage, burial, confirmation, and membership reception within and while appointed to a particular charge or extension ministry. (The UM Book of Discipline, par. 316)
Local Pastors' Licensing School is an intensive week of learning and spiritual formation.
Participants are required to complete all assignments, attend all sessions and be in residence during the entire week to receive the recommendation for a license.
If you have completed 1/3 of an M.Div – you will only be required to attend Sunday-Tuesday, however, you are welcome to attend the entire week.
You are eligible to register and attend Licensing School if you meet the following pre-requisites:
- Certified Candidate for Ministry (If not yet certified, contact your District Superintendent. If recommended for the July Candidacy Summit, one must be FULLY registered for the July Summit by the July 1 deadline or one will be ineligible to attend LIcensing School.)
- Your District Superintendent agrees that you should attend this school.
- The chair of your District committee should be aware that you are attending. (If not, please communicate with him/her first.)
- 3 Day Students (Completed 1/3 of an M.Div)-- $250 (West Ohio)
- 3 Day Students from another annual conference-$350
- Full Week- $600 (West Ohio)
- Full Week from another annual conference ($700)
Assignments: There are two assignment documents. Please be sure you download the correct one. One of them is for students who are attending for the full week. A second one is for those students who qualify for the 3-day school.
Select the correct assignment sheet below and download it.
What to bring
- Personal toiletries
- Notebook, paper, pens, study aids, etc.
- Wi-Fi will be available. You are welcome to bring a laptop computer/tablet.
- Dress is casual.
- Linens are provided.
- Registration Deadline: June 19