The purpose of Connectional Ministries in West Ohio is to invite and equip leaders and churches to align passion and resources for the transformation of lives, communities and the world.
2008 Book of Discipline, ¶ 608
Connectional Ministries is responsible to focus and guide the mission and ministry of The United Methodist Church within its boundaries by:
- Envisioning the ministries necessary to live out the mission of the church in and through the annual conference
- Creating and nurturing relationships and connections among the local, district, annual conference and general church ministries
- Providing encouragement, coordination and support for the ministries of nurture, outreach and witness in districts and congregations for the transformation of the world
- Ensuring the alignment of the total resources of the annual conference to its mission
- Developing and strengthening ethnic ministries, including ethnic local churches and concerns
- Providing for advocacy and monitoring functions to ensure that the church is consistent with its stated values
The Connectional Ministries Executive Team is a coordinating team of conference staff and leadership team leaders, comprised of both clergy and laity from across the conference.
View the team pages for each of the following areas:
- Telling the Story
- Disciple Making Churches
- Inclusive Body of Christ
- Spirit Empowered Leaders
- Let Justice Roll
- Next Generation Leaders
Pray for our congregations who reflect the demographics of their communities & neighborhoods.
- for their growing discipleship with Jesus
- for their family relationships
- for their health
- for their effectiveness in serving the people and churches of the WOC “To make and equip disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”