Certifed Lay Servants are to serve the local church or charge in any way in which their witness or leadership and service inspires the laity to deeper commitment to Christ and more effective discipleship, including the interpretation of scriptures, doctrine, organization and ministries of the church.
To become a Certified Lay Servant, you must complete the following requirements:
- Be a professing and active member of a local church/charge.
- Complete a Lay Servant Ministries Initial Application to be a part of Lay Servant Ministry. The online application requires you to login (or create a login) and answer some questions. Upon completion the application will be submitted to your pastor and your church's charge conference for approval, and ultimately to the district committee on lay servant ministry for follow-up. An optional paper application is attached below for download.
- Complete the BASIC course AND one advanced course for Lay Servant Minsitries.
- Completed a Lay Servant Ministries Annual Report online. Optional paper form is attached below for download.
- Complete an advanced course for Lay Servant Ministries at least once every three years for certification.
- Complete a Lay Servant Ministries Request for Renewal Application online every three years. Optional paper application is attached below for download.
|Lay Servant Ministries Initial Application and Renewal Request Application||209.69 KB|
|Lay Servant Ministries Annual Report||232.28 KB|
|Lay Servant Ministries Information Sheet 2016||92.45 KB|
|Lay Servant Ministries Annual Report||236.65 KB|