The West Ohio Conference Campus Ministry Task Force serves as the Conference's Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry structure that provides the functions and responsibilities outlined in the 2012 Book of Discipline, ¶634:
“The functions include the evaluation of schools, colleges, universities and campus ministries related to the Annual Conference, with concern for the quality of their performance, the integrity of their mission, and their response to their missional goals of the General Church and Annual Conference.”
It is the intention of the West Ohio Conference that grants awarded to undergraduate campus ministries will be used to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
If you believe your campus ministry could more effectively and fruitfully accomplish the work of reaching and discipling an increasing number of undergraduate college students for Jesus Christ with the assistance of a West Ohio Campus Ministry Grant in 2017, you are invited to complete a grant application.
All undergraduate campus ministry grant applicants are required to:
- Provide a clearly articulated, bold, strategic plan to reach AND disciple undergraduate students.
- Utilize the grant funds for undergraduate campus ministry efforts such as programs, resources, events, staffing, etc. West Ohio Conference campus ministry grant funds may not be used to underwrite alternative mission trips/experiences, general church staffing or church wide programs/events that are not specifically targeted to reach and disciple undergraduate college students.
- Be in formal partnership/connection with at least one West Ohio Conference United Methodist Church that underwrites an amount of at least 10% of the Campus Ministry expenses in cash or in-kind contribution.
- Provide a clearly articulated, detailed strategic plan for diversifying funding sources to grow, maintain and steward the campus ministry financials.
- Submit a regularly scheduled “Benchmark Report” to document fruitfulness of the campus ministry’s bold, strategic plan throughout 2017.
Submitting an Application:
Applications for 2017 (found below) must be postmarked by Thursday, June 30, 2016 (or received electronically before midnight), and may be mailed or emailed to:
Attn: RaNae Street
32 Wesley Boulevard
Worthington, Ohio 43085
If you have additional questions, please contact RaNae Street, Director of Discipleship Resources, at 800-437-0028, or email rstreet [at] wocumc.org